Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ellen cries and Im uncomfortable


Alright, so maybe Ellen shouldn't have lost her dog to the agency, but that doesn't mean she has the right to make me feel uncomfortable. It instantly brought back memories from high school seminary. I would be sitting front row in a devotional while watching someone sing a sad song. They would be looking at me with serious facial expressions, curving their eyebrows with moistened sadness gleaming from their eyes. I remember as the person singing would make eye contact with me, I would slowly sink in my chair feeling uncomfortable and think to myself "Is this person really in high school? Do they realize we have P.E. next hour and things will be ok?" Since then, I have been the shoulder for someone to cry on, and I have shed a few tears myself. But, c'mon Ellen, I have just barely got the courage to fast dance and keep a straight face.... These memories of being stared at with a face like a sad clown are ones I have blocked , that is, until Ellen began to sob on her show. Thank you Ellen. I now need counseling.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for another great laugh and insight! So now no more McQueen and onto the majestic, endangered wolf. I love the variety...keep it coming

Natalie Hall said...

Oh my gosh you are to Hillarious!
I have been watching all the networks debate over her episode and you won with the best explanation.
And Dennis Miller is a tough act to follow. Maybe you should look into starting your own sitcome.

Bobby Anderson said...

PIZZA!!!

Melissa said...

So I just saw the replay of Ellen's devastatingly bad meltdown. Save that kind of emotion for something really worth crying over. I have a soft spot for animals but come on people!